25 New Year’s Reflection Questions
- What was the single best thing that happened this past year?
I made a very big relationship decision with my boyfriend. We’re not quite ready to make it public, or official yet, but it’s very exciting.
- What was the single most challenging thing that happened?
I actually won NaNoWriMo this year. It took a lot of discipline, but I did it.
- What was an unexpected joy this past year?
I reconnected with an old friend because I finally got my first smart phone.
- What was an unexpected obstacle?
My boyfriend lost his job, putting a temporary hold on us moving out on our own.
- Pick three words to describe this past year.
- Pick three words your significant other would use to describe your year—don’t ask them; guess based on how you think your significant other sees you.
- Pick three words your significant other would use to describe their year—again, without asking.
- What was your biggest personal change from January to December of this past year?
I feel like I’ve become more responsible; I feel like I’m more capable of making life decisions.
- In what way(s) did you grow emotionally?
I’ve hardened a bit, when it comes to criticism. I stopped taking people’s shit.
- In what way(s) did you grow physically?
Started watching more of what I eat, especially portion wise. I’m not the best at recording it yet, but I’m working on it.
- In what way(s) did you grow in your relationships with others?
As I mentioned earlier, we came to a big relationship decision. I’m proud of being able to make that choice.
- What was your single biggest time waster in your life this past year?
- What was the best way you used your time this past year?
I completed NaNoWriMo. 50k more words than I had last year on a completely new novel.
- What was biggest thing you learned this past year?
Cars are fragile and expensive beasts when they get up in age. Treat them well.
- Create a phrase or statement that describes this past year for you.
“I’m going to push my car off a cliff.”
- What did you do this year that you have never done before?
Went on a full week’s vacation with my boyfriend alone.
- What was the smartest decision you made this year?
To start keeping a food diary.
- What one word best sums up and describes your experience last year?
- What are you most happy about completing?
My new sewing space.
- What was the biggest risk you took?
Auditioning for NoSleep as a narrator.
- What are you most grateful for this past year?
The patience of my friends and family.
- What was your biggest achievement of the year?
50,000 WORDS! Also being accepted as a NoSleep narrator.
- What do you wish you had done more of?
Maybe started recording my food earlier.
- What do you wish you had done less of?
- Knowing what you know now, if you could write a letter to yourself that would travel back in time so that you would receive exactly one year ago, what advice would you give yourself?
Put more money aside for the car, you’ll need it in June, August, November, and December. If you have more set aside for it, then you won’t stress as much as you will otherwise.
10 New Year’s Questions About Relationships
- Who were the three people who had the greatest impact on your life last year?
-Chris, my boyfriend
– Jeff, my friend
– Karyn, my sister
(There are several more, and you know who you are. My support group, my babbus)
- Did anyone close to you give birth (literally or symbolically)?
My cousin Samantha just gave birth two weeks ago. A little girl named Erin.
- Did anyone close to you die (literally or symbolically)?
Aunt Barb lost her battle with cancer this past October.
- What important relationship improved the most?
My relationship with my mother is slowly getting better.
- What important relationship suffered the most?
I lost a friend this year, but that’s okay because they were a whiny dick and I finally realized it.
- Whose behavior or what event merited celebration?
My acceptance as a NoSleep narrator.
- Whose behavior or what event appalled you?
Have you even seen the news? Jesus fuck…
- How did you positively influence a child (or the next generation) this year?
I didn’t interact with many children.
- What well-known person, dead or alive, influenced you the most this year?
That’s hard to pinpoint. I haven’t had many role models this year.
- Who made you laugh the most this year?
That would be a tie between Jeff, Joe, and Chris.
10 New Year’s Questions About Your Health
- Did you suffer illness or injury?
I was sick for a bit, no voice. Nothing too serious.
- What decision did you make to become healthier?
Started watching my portions, and started devising a new workout plan. I’d done it for a few months this year, but I want to keep up with more of it.
- What was your favorite exercise this year?
- What was your favorite meal?
Not too sure. Nothing has stood out to me.
- What restaurant did you eat at most often?
Probably either Don Pablos or Red Lobster.
- What medications are you currently taking?
- Did you have any surgeries this year?
I didn’t have any.
- How did you manage your stress this year?
I…didn’t. I’m bad with stress.
- What was your biggest health achievement this year?
I started up a weight-loss and body positivity blog with my friend.
- What do you wish you would have done differently in regards to your health this year?
Just what everyone wishes, to be slimmer and more confident.
10 End-of-Year Questions about Pop Culture
- What were your favorite TV programs?
The Walking Dead, Gotham, The Flash, Constantine
- What were your favorite books?
Lolita, Wicked, The Monk
- What was your biggest musical or art discovery?
None this year
- What was your favorite movie this year?
Oh man. Guardians of The Galaxy was fantastic.
- What song will always remind you of this year?
That’s a little difficult. Maybe something from my NaNo playlist…
- What musical artist did you listen to the most this year?
There’s no one artist I listened to the most.
- Did you attend any concerts, plays, or art events this year?
Not this year, but I am next year!
- What did you wear often in your closet?
I almost always wear a thin black hoodie. It’s like a comfort blanket.
- What was your hair style this year?
There was no style. It was whatever my hair wanted to do in the morning.
- Describe your style of this past year in one word?
10 New Year’s Questions About Your Celebrations
- What did you really, really, really get excited about this year?
Otakon, NoSleep, NaNoWriMo
- How old did you turn on your birthday?
- How did you celebrate your birthday this year?
I spent the day at the aquarium with my boyfriend, and then went to dinner at the Melting Pot.
- Did anyone close to you have an important milestone birthday?
Not this year.
- How did you spend the holidays?
Thanksgiving was spent with Chris’ family, and Christmas was spent with mine.
- What was the most memorable gift you received this year and who was it from?
A weekend trip for Valentine’s Day, given to me and Chris by my sister.
- What was the most memorable gift you gave this year and who was it to?
I surprised my sister with a ticket to go see Wicked with me in a few months.
- How will you be spending New Year’s?
Hot tub party with my friends!
- What vacations did you take or where did you visit last year?
I went to WildWood NJ with my boyfriend. We had a fantastic time, honestly.
- What was the biggest surprise of this year?
Being able to stay in a hotel for the convention.
10 End-of-Year Questions about Work
- Where do you currently work?
- What is the title of your position?
Product Photographer/Graphics Department
- What is your typical day?
Monday-Friday, 9-5. We sort and photograph clothing, shoes, bags, and other tennis and running gear.
- When did you feel most inspired at work?
Idea bouncing with our film guy.
- What is one way you grew professionally this year?
I’m not exactly sure.
- What do you hope those you work with will remember most about you?
The fact that I stay out of the way.
- What was your greatest challenge at work?
- How did you adapt at work?
I’ve gotten quicker with some photoshop tasks, and have gotten to memorize some of the more useful shortcuts.
- How have you grown as a person because of your work experience?
I have. I’ve embraced the dichotomy between growing up and still maintaining the fun novelty of young adulthood.
- What strengths did you tap into?
Again, I’ve gotten much quicker with photoshop.
10 End-of-Year Questions About Your Time
- What date from this year will remain etched upon your memory and why?
Probably the week I spent at the beach with Chris.
- What was the single biggest time saver in your life this past year?
I started writing shit down. Meticulous list keeping.
- What slowed you down this past year?
- What was the best way you used your time this past year?
Writing, organizing my closet.
- What were you doing on most Saturday mornings this past year?
Sleeping in after working early all week.
- During this past year, what were you doing at 3pm weekdays?
Getting settled back into my desk after lunch.
- How did you spend your Sunday evenings this past year?
Relaxing and watching The Walking Dead.
- What person(s) occupied most of your time?
Either Chris, my parents, or my coworkers.
- What was your bedtime and wake up time?
I normally slept between 11:30 PM and 7:45 AM
- If you had more time to invest in this past year, what would you do with it?
I would write more, and even walk more.
10 Fill-in-the-Blank New Year’s Questions
- I want a ‘do-over’ with… my mother
- I missed… my puppy
- I would use a magic wand to change… my bank account
- I want to repeat… vacation
- I was embarrassed by… my screw ups with karaoke
- I lost… money on this god damned car
- I gained…a few new good friends
- I regret…not talking more
- I am thankful for…my big girl job
- I felt most alive when…I’m with my friends, relaxing.